poniedziałek, 25 marca 2013

Macaroons with peanut butter


As i mentioned last time, I've been planning on baking macaroons for a while. I was hoping that they would look perfect but, as with everything in baking, this was unfortunately not the case. It appears that something is missing, although I applied all of the hints and tips I could find. Admittedly, I was ignored the suggestion to  keep the egg whites for up to 2 days in the fridge- because I'm too inpatient ;p Despite this, they look closer to real macaroons and taste delicious.


Ingredients:

200 g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
125 g ground almonds
pinch of salt

3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons icing sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter



Measure all igredients.


Beat eggs whites with a pinch of salt.


Add icing sugar and mix until smooth.


Gradually add almonds.


Stirring gently.


Optionally, add some colouring- I chose red.


Add the mixture into a piping bag.


Holding the piping bag vertically, and gently squeeze the mixture into circles of roughly the same size.



Preheat ovent to 170 in celsius scale. Leave the macaroons to rest for 30 minutes.





Cook for 14 minutes.


Whilst waiting for macaroons to cool down, prepare the peanut butter filling. Add peanut butter, butter...


... and icing sugar.


Mix together until smooth-although mine isn't as I used crunchy peanut butter.


Apply peanut butter filling to macaroon.


Geantly push together with another macaroon.





Watch them disappear immediately from the plate ;p


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz